Eyebrow loss may occur due to several reasons, such as eyebrow removal from the same area for a long time, skin diseases such as hair breakage, permanent make-up, chemotherapy treatment, etc. It occurs as a result. The eyebrows can come back after shedding is observed. If it is seen that it is not permanent, eyebrow transplantation can be performed.
Eyebrow transplant operation is the process of transplanting the hair follicles that can be taken from all healthy donor areas, primarily the back of the head, to the area with no eyebrows due to hair loss.
DHI Method in Eyebrow Transplantation
Among the hair root transplants, the most demanding and most demanding application is eyebrow transplantation. It is important to obtain a natural and realistic appearance in eyebrow transplantation operations. For this reason, the angle and direction of the transplanted grafts should be natural, and the eyebrow line should be carefully designed.
The reason for applying this technique is that it is more appropriate to use the DHI method, as the canal can be opened in the area where the eyebrows will be transplanted, and the transplantation process may damage the existing hair follicles.
Stages of Eyebrow Transplant Operation
It can be predicted that aesthetic concerns are at the forefront for eyebrow transplantation. This issue also includes considering the person’s perspective to be operated in the planning of the operation.
The Four Basic Eyebrow Transplantation Stages
- Consultation and Planning
- Collection of hair follicles
- Transplantation with Choi implanter
- Post-operative dressing
Brief descriptions of these stages are below.
- Consultation: The area to be transplanted and the eyebrow design are decided during the examination phase. At this stage, planning is done according to the doctor’s facial features and the person’s request.
- Collecting hair follicles: It is generally preferred to collect hair follicles without shaving, which is also applied to people with long hair. The small number of grafts needed will enable this process to be done easily. The collection of unshaved hair follicles is usually done with the hair follicles collected from this area by shaving a tiny area that the hair can cover from the neck area. When containing hair follicles, only single hair follicles should be collected. Because single hair follicles show an aesthetic stance in the eyebrow area. In this procedure, local anesthesia is applied to the area opened for hair collection.
- In eyebrow transplantation operations performed with the DHI technique, local anesthesia is also applied to the area to be transplanted. Hair follicles are transplanted with a Choi implanter at appropriate angles and directions. Here, in eyebrow transplantation, transplantation is performed at much fewer angles than normal hair follicles. This is an important stage for an aesthetic appearance.
After the operation
- On the day after the operation, a dressing should be applied to whether the transplanted hair follicles can hold on to the healthy skin and prevent other medical complications.
- Eyebrow transplantation takes approximately 2-3 hours since it is performed with hair follicles that are not as much as 200-300 grafts.
Eyebrow transplantation can be applied to people who have lost a part or all of their eyebrows.
Observing Results After Eyebrow Transplantation
The growth of the transplanted eyebrows takes place as in the hair transplantation process. Shock shedding can be seen within 15 days after transplantation. After 3 months, growth hair will be seen. It is possible to see the final result within 8-12 months.